Don't let bugs spoil your summer fun. The best way to treat a bug bite is to prevent it from ever happening. Right? Here are a few tips on keeping those pesky bugs at bay.
- Wear light or neutral colored clothing instead of brightly colored clothes or floral prints.
- Don't wear heavily perfumed products like deodorants and colognes that may attract bugs.
- If stung by a bee, leave the area quickly. Bees release danger signaling pheromones that attract other bees to the area.
- Wear long pants, socks, and boots and tuck your pants into your socks when in tall grass or wooded areas.
- Wash with soap and water immediately after being outdoors to help prevent chigger bites, paying extra attention to areas around waistbands and armpits.
- Wear natural bug repellents that contain pure essential oils that bugs don't like such as catnip, geranium, citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, or peppermint.